Gerg Wills is the freelance graphic design and illustration project of Greg Williams from Pully, Switzerland.
In my professional life I did expect routine… Working each day of the week, stuck in front of my computer doing nothing else then my boss’s wishes. But I always knew there was something else out there that I was meant to do.
During the first year of studies, I knew this was my calling. I fell in love with graphic design and realized this was where I could incorporate my passion for creation, colors, drawing and computer technologies.
A couple of years later and after few road trips around the world, I figured out what the “something else” meant.
I had the chance of starting my freelance project and seeing life differently. I took full advantage of it and loved every minute of it! I started Gerg Wills during my first year as a professional and haven’t looked back.
So what about the name, Gerg Wills? Hard to find a catchy name. So I’ve just switched letters in my first name and shorten my family name, that was it, it seemed appropriate for my project.
My philosophy is to delight my clients with phenomenal results and have some fun in the process. Business can be serious, but there’s no reason it can’t be fun too!
I am passionate about what I do and I am always looking for new challenges and ideas.
I constantly learn of my mistakes and misunderstandings. Freelance working is a constant apprenticeship, ideas, methods, graphic styles, colors and shapes are always bubbling in my mind, giving an explosion of ideas each day working freelance. I strive to constantly learn as things change in this technological world, which makes my job evolving, interesting, and fun.
For me having the opportunity of being free is the key of creativity.
I’m extremely thankful to call this my job !
- Lotterie Romande
- Summit Foundation
- PReP (University gateway)
- WAVES for Development
- Castolin Eutectic – World leader in welding equipment
- Nevax – French leader in welding equipment
- Mountain Propre
- Pro Natura
- Le Routard.com
- Paloma Edition
- Library CREDE
- Bruno Poirier, creative consultant
- Cocooning Collection
- La Chenille, kindergarden
- Red Eyes Production (Music label)
- Hungry Ghosts Production (Music label)
- UNIL (University Lausanne)
- Grand Vennes Activity Center
- Claire de Femmes (Communication agency)
- Second prize for the Lausanne Roule Poster Competition – 2011
- First prize for the Lôzanne RadioActive Poster Competition – 2009
- First prize for the poster competition “Lausanne sur Mer 09″
- Second prize for the poster competition “Baleinev 08